Monday, August 28, 2006

Vacation 2

It looks like GB and I may be headed to Denver for my Mom's birthday week (9/7- 9/15). I haven't been home in 3 years and GB hasn't been there in we think 9 0r 10 when he went to summer school at the University of Denver. Good thing my parents wing through this way a few times a year or we'd never see them! Good news is I'll have tons of knitting time. Bad news is Dad only has dialup internet so there may not be much blogging. And more than likely no picture loading.

We'll probably take the bus which I know sounds gross to some of you. But usually by the time you hit Salt Lake City the bus is pretty empty the rest of the way to Denver. We can stretch out in seats all to ourselves, coffee in a big thermos and knitting all the way! As long as I don't drop a ball of yarn on the floor... Flying out of this stupid burg is expensive, the schedules are lousy and the planes are smaller than the Greyhound's (well almost, they do seat the same). I guess that I rode in so many buses chaparoning music program kids to competitions all over the region that bus riding is second nature.

This will officially use up all my vacation for the year. Booooo Hoooooo GB will have a day at home to finish packing and then we take him back to Seattle U for another year! Classes start for him on the 20th.

So what yarn shops shall I try?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow, it's been so long since I've been on a bus trip... makes my motion sickness MUCH worse than any other sort of travel I've tried.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home