Monday, August 21, 2006

Jackpot Baby!!!

Two boxes were at the front door when I got home. One for Hubby and one for me. OH OH OH the return address on mine said KSKS! I put it inside and didn't open it. I couldn't yet, it's 100F degrees out and you know what the F in 100F stands for with me. I had to get out of my motorcycle clothes first. Then I tore into it. And I had help. Three little helpers. Something funny was going on because they were fighting over who was going to be on the chair to help unwrap the KSKS package while I read the note from my KSKS pal - the WONDERFUL Jenny of Yarnpie!I really hit the jackpot. Jenny sent great stuff. (I am bad and even though my KSKS outgoing package is just about complete I haven't mailed it yet, Bad girl). Check this out ->
I can't believe that an hour ago (don't tell, I was at work) I was looking at the very pattern she sent. The Straight Laced Socks from Knitty.com. And beautiful Barefoot from Mountain Colors. Also a little tiny sock filled with goodies like folding scissors, a circ needle stitch counter (I don't have one like that), Chibi's and a cute post cardie looking tape measure. Jenny is right, you just cannot have enough tape measure or Chibi needles. A box of the candy of the gods - Good and Plentys. A sock project bag felted from purply goodness Hopyard Spinnary Yarn- Super Yummy and with a magnetic closure. And what were the cats so excited about? Dim Sum for Kitties in a Chinese Take-Out container (decorated with Hello Kitty of course and Jenny included the pattern in case the cats eat all of these!).MINE!
Rufus exclaimed "Momma this smells so good that the nip must be home grown". I flashed him one of those looks. Like how do you know what home grown smells like mister? Oh yeah, I forgot, we grow it on the front porch. Or did until someone mowed it down to the stalks.
Ruby says rrwgoodrrwwwrrr.
Rufus says smells like homegrown nip.
The ever lady like Rosemary giving her Dim Sum a good sniff before running off with hers.

p.s. yes I know the carpet looks like it needs to be vacuumed. I vacuum on Wednesdays. Really.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Very nice - love the yarn. And how nice that the cats got a present.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm glad you liked everything! I'm also glad the catnip toys got everyone's "seal of approval." Have fun making those socks!

6:08 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Very sweet!

Dim Sum for cats - pricesless.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

What a great purple-y package!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, what a great KSKS package! The bag is really cute - and very clever with the feline dim dum.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home