Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another Movie Review

Monday nights seem to be my movie night when hubby is out of town on business. Last night I watched my favorite Doris Day movie. Not one of those silly giggley blushing starry eyed Doris Day movies (ick) but one of her few serious roles. The 1956 "The Man Who Knew Too Much" starring Doris Day and Jimmy Stewart. A movie filled with nasty ugly bad guys and the inspiration for one of my favorite Bill Murray movies The Man Who Knew Too Little!!!

I had about 1/2 inch left to knit on the glitten cuff when that was over so I popped in Shopgirl. I absolutley hate Jason Schwartzman, guess I am the wrong demographic, so I usually skip any movie that has him in it. But I do like to watch Steve Martin movies. So Shopgirl sat on my shelf for quite a while. I ended up liking it much more than I thought I would. I'd like to go back and read the book now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

I didn't see the movie Shopgirl but I did have to force myself to finish the book. Hilariously, right about the time when I thought I'd had enough of it, I found where someone had pencilled in the margin, "This is the worst book I've ever read, yet I can't seem to stop." I kept hoping it would get better, as I suspect the other reader did, but it just never did. I was greatly relieved when it was done. Love Steve Martin, just not as a writer.

William's mom

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that looks great! You did a great job finishing that - NOW SEND IT TO ME!!!! (said in soothing hypnotizing way).

Haven't seen either of those movies, but I am hooked on season 2 of Project Runway. Sooo good!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home