Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Alter Ego Contest

I've come to realize we have a real cast of characters here in Knitterville. So I've decided to have a little contest, the prize being sock yarn! To enter the contest please post a comment telling us who your alter ego is. Knitter or not though maybe some of you are Elizabeth Zimmermann in your heads. Or maybe Miss Marple. Or maybe your cat's alter ego is Graham Kerr (my big Maine Coon Rufus is sure he is a famous chef like Graham Kerr) or the Dalai Lama.

All comments received by 11:59 pm PDT Sunday August 13 will be put in a handwoven basket and a name will be drawn. Multiple entrees are allowed from each blogger so significant other family members (like your cats, dogs etc) can enter too.

Who am I you ask? I've been Mrs. Emma Peel since 1966. There was even an Avengers episode that involved knitting!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Earl Ray, a hillbilly white trash hairdresser from the local trailer park. And I tell EVERYONE how to look better. Why? Because it's a trailer park. And EVERYONE needs more makeup, bigger hair, and tighter clothes.
http://whitetrashmelroseplace.blogspot.com/

6:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely Noel Coward. Theatre, theatre, theatre, great clothes and fabulous friends. And cocktail hour.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Okay Cabin Cove Dave, believe it or not, you're my alter-ego! (see top comment) He spins, sews, knits, dyes and takes kick-ass pictures. He isn't hindered by children, a husband or yard work. He can take road trips or get a latte' when he wants. Oh the life. Keep in mind that I wouldn't trade my husband or children for anything in the world, but I do fantasize about a life where my time is my own. Sigh.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Tara Reed.
I waste my "talent" & good looks on booze and coccain.
And when in doubt and fear of public ridicule, i divert their attention by getting lopsided, shamelessly gargantuous fake boobs.

9:34 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Pooh Bear!
Yep, that's me.

2:25 PM  
Blogger PBnJ said...

My altar ego is Grover from Sesame Street, or maybe Super Grover on a really good day, lol!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely Amelie, post-finding her photobooth man.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chaos' alter-ego is Tigger. Bouncy bouncy bouncy busy busy busy.

1:15 PM  
Blogger craftycrafter said...

I'm the crazy lady who lives up the street, walking around stroking my yarn like a cat and telling it how nice it'll be once it's knitted up.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think craftycrafter sounds like the Log Lady from Northern Exposure! Only, with yarn.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home