Monday, August 07, 2006

Well duh why didn't I think of this before?

August begins our busy season of last minute visitors, going to rodeo's, our local county fair, sometimes some decent oldies rock concerts and Bumbershoot!! I've been going to Bumbershoot since I first happened upon it in 1977. In 30 years I've missed maybe 2 of them. Over the years we have seen some fantastic concerts. A lot of years we are seeing either old favorites or up and comers before they are famous. We saw Kelly Joe Phelps when he was an almost nobody, Tina Turner and her legs when she was a somebody. Pink Martini, Bela Fleck, Death Cab for Cutie, Wilco, BB King, Keb Mo', Dave Davies, Battlefield Band, Robert Cray, The Black Crows, Janice Ian, Jackson Browne, yes even Spinal Tap and more than I can even remember. Some entertainers like Bonnie Raitt come back every 5 years or so like clockwork. We've watched Father Guido Sarducci marry couples. We've waited in line to see Adrei Codrescu, the Smothers Brothers, Penn and Teller, and Firesign Theater. The best concert in 30 years that was worth the 3.5 hour wait for a 3 hour concert? Donovan.

What does this have to do with knitting? This year I am going to remember to PACK SOME KNITTING to work on while waiting in line or waiting for concerts to start. Bumbershoot is a lot of down time. I never seem to bring enough entertainment with me! If I run out of yarn I can grab a quick bus to So Much Yarn in Belltown. Duh why didn't I ever think of this before?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Concert knitting!!!! Most definitely!

:o)

Ann

8:08 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I've never been to Bumbershoot. It sounds like fun aswell as a prime opportunity to run out of yarn and go shopping in new territory! Don't pack too much with you, yarn diets are no fun.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It sounds like a lot of fun - especially with knitting along. :)

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home