Monday, July 31, 2006

Please excuse me...

I just feel bad. You are all so wonderful about leaving comments and I never get around to emailing you back. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy all the comments. I just want to tell you how much I appreciate them (and you) and to keep it up! Ok that off my chest...It was finally cool enough today to think about boiling pots of dye. Dyed 2 skeins of Bollicine Baby Night for my KSKS. It was the only thing missing from the kit. I used Gaywool Garnet, Gaywool Crabaple, a mix of the two, a drop of Wilton Copper and a pour of Wilton Brown. I was going for a cherry pie kind of look. It's outside drying right now. I used the jars of dye in the microwave method rather than my usual very controlled handpainted method. So cherry pie isn't as even between the two skeins as I would like it.

p.s. This is my Post Number 200!! I can't believe it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Thanks for stopping by my turf! My agent is a knitter, too, but has never been so industrious as to dye yarn. Her friend dyed some yarn with berries (inspired by a natural yarn dying book) and knitted a wonderful shrug.

My agent just focuses on felted bags, sweaters and, more recently, baby frocks (berry tart hat from knitty.com and "Ugg" booties from Knitty Gritty on DIY).

I'm going to have to bookmark you and learn on her behalf!

7:15 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Yay #200!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Congrats on post 200! The yarn you dyed sounds really nice - can't wait to see the pictures!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Gorgeous yarn, lucky KSKS recipient!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home