Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Before and After

Just thought I'd show you the picture from Cabin Cove Dave's site where I thought the yarn on the top left had potential. And look how nice it came out! I am not sure what the base yarn was that Dave handpainted but like I mentioned it is very soft and squishy. Not the smooth hand of say Louet, or the furry hand of Mountain Colors but yarn and socks that makes you want to gather it in your hands and give it a couple of good squishes cause it feels so good. Dave, were socks ever knit out of the yarn on the bottom right?

I do now have to vow not to knit any more socks in that color range though. I looked in my sock drawer and I have too many purple/pink/magenta pairs. I've knitted my Mom green socks and fall colored socks, GB got blue ones. My next socks will be from Sweet Georgia Speed Demon Rusted. My sock yarn stash beyond that are 2 or 3 from Jessie at A Piece of Vermont. One in copper, one in green, and I can't remember the third one!! I also have the ArtYarn in golds and purples, various Mountain Colors and I think I'll be getting some Claudia's Hand Painted in the Honey colorway.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Nothing wrong with leaning heavily toward a particular color family - it's likely they go with your other clothes!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there. That's quite the flashback to see those skeins. (Is there supposed to be an "after" pic in your post?) That other skein? Someone wanted to buy it, they loved it that much.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home