Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Husband Says I'm in a Rut

And his point is??? Just because I am only knitting socks right now. Jeesh. I told him it is some kind of seasonal affective disorder. Socks are small and in the summer heat I can almost stand to work with only that little amount of wool.

So last night, after I told myself it was time to head to bed, I did my gauge swatch for my next pair of socks. SweetGeorgia's Speed Demon Rusted. I think I am going to like the speed demon!! Cast on on 2's, very nice stitch definition in stockinette. This morning I did a few repeats of the Waffle Weave Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. But you know, I think I am going to just stick with 2x2 or 4x2 rib to show off the very nice yarn.
Oh and guess what went in the trash can? The bumble bee tote I was making for Betsy. Things just weren't going well, I was getting disgusted, the pattern was like sewing a rubiks cube and then my sewing machine decided to tick me off. I had to take it apart (the machine) and pull wads of thread out of the bobbin area, the put all that back together. Sewed beautifully after that but I just couldn't stand to work on it any more. I kept thinking "why are they (Simplicity) making me sew this tote this way? This is stupid, I could have designed the construction better than this." I think only about $8 in fabric and some interfacing so I am not going to worry about it. Can't remember if the fabric was from JoAnns or Hancocks. I'll just do a regular bucket bag or simple tote. Good thing I found out that Betsy went to visit her cousin in Little Rock and won't be home for her birthday. Though since when do I ever get a birthday present shipped on time anyway?? I'd knit her socks but she has size zillion feet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

That yarn is beautiful! I can't wait to see the socks.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home