Friday, August 25, 2006

Countdown to (gasp) Christmas

Four stinking months till Christmas. I know they'll go fast. So what am I starting with? Mom wants fingerless mitts. I can either finish the rib and cable mitts that are at the 70% completion level that I was actually doing for her, or do what any good procrastinator does, start something new. At least I'll be using stash not buying new. After a quick swatch of the corriedale/romney I plyed last night (the light colored one) I determined it was the right weight for you guessed it, Knucks. 77g should do it. If not I can trim up the cuffs in either the darker yarn I plyed or the leftover purple Cambridge.The south side of Candy Mt was on fire this afternoon. Another reason I am not fond of summer. This was taken from my driveway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a very dramatic photo. Your view is very nice, too.
The mittens you have started look pretty good so far. Of course, you've put it out there that you-know-what is coming, so...

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn, as I said in your last post. But even prettier knitted up.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I like the picture - you have a beautiful view from your house. Love the yarn!

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home