Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Westminster Dog Show 2006

I am not a dog person. Never owned a dog. I am not getting up any earlier each day than I already do to go walk a dog. That's why I love cats. They get up in the middle of the night, do their business, wash up, have a quick snack and come back to bed. OK nuff said. But every year I watch the Westminster Dog Show. The Olympics just haven't captured me this year. Well except for the curling that I love and that's on at you know, 3am.

So last night when I watch WDS 2006 day 2, I cheered for the Scottish Deerhound to win Best in Group. Yes!!!! Do I pick 'em or what??? The beautiful Thistleglen Margot. I wanted her to win Best in Show so bad. But no, the Bull Terrier won. Oh well. At least Margot was on the short list!

For those interested though, if conditions were 100% right, the breeds of dogs I like are Bernese Mountain Dog, Scottish Deerhound, Irish Wolfhound, and Border Collies. And on the maybe list, the Belgian Tervuren. All lap dogs - right!!?? No teacups, no beauty queens, no froo-froos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home