Friday, February 03, 2006

Luck Be a Lady Tonight

I spun some before Ginny and I went to the theater. There, fiber related to I can go on with the theater review...

Hanford High School is known for it's theater department (and its very uncomfortable auditorium seats). They put on a major musical each Feburary or early March, plus an additional 3-4 large productions each year. They've had the same director for something like 15 years. I may not like the play or musical they are putting on but each production is top notch. Actors always win major state and regional awards. Seniors that go on in theater at the university level usually get lead roles their freshman year at the U. The past 5 years or so at HHS have brought us Damn Yankees, Fiddler on the Roof, Les Miserables, Footloose, The Fantastics, Return to the Forbidden Planet and this season, Guys and Dolls (I'm missing some). Last summer they took Return to the Forbidden Planet to Edinburgh Scotland and the Fringe Festival where they played to a full house every night and received a 5 ranking (top rank) I'm the photographer for the productions, taking photos during early blocking rehearsals and always on the Parent's Dress Rehearsal night. Guys and Dolls ranks about number 47 on my all time favorite musicals I'm afraid. BUT I must say last night's Parent's Dress Rehearsal was probably the strongest I have ever seen. And I've seen plenty. Graham played the bass for all the HHS productions the 4 years he was in high school there. Either in the orchestra pit, or in the 3 or 4 piece combo for all the non-musical productions. I give Kelsey (shown above), playing the part of Miss Adelaide, the best actor award for the evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

hey...what a neat event to go to!! and i love the photograph...that MUST have been shot on the D70...no?

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home