Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Dyeing Dyeing Dead?

Forgot to mention why I was so late in getting to my knitting last night. I decided to try the oven baking method of dyeing roving so I c0uld send it to my SP7 pal in the next package. I stopped by the thrift store on the way home and picked up a very large glass baking dish for a buck fifty and as soon as I got home started the water/vinegar soak cycle with 4 oz of corriedale. Used Wilton dyes, my current favorite. Baked at 325 in the convection oven for 40 minutes (it needs to have steam rising off it and the water run clear as usual). I tried to be very careful in the sink rinse/soak cycle. Hung it out to dry last night, it's supposed to be in the 50's today. I'm just hoping I don't come up with 4 oz of very colorful felt.

1 Comments:

Blogger kitkatknit said...

Yes the Wilton Cake dyes you can find at places like Michaels crafts or Hobby lobby in the cake decorating supplies.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home