Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Weekend to Me

And I couldn't have asked for a better one and in my favorite city - Seattle. It was 12 degrees when we left the house Saturday morning, not a cloud in the sky the entire trip. Mt Rainier was out all weekend. Just for me! We got to Hilltop East just at they opened at 11 with Dave's instruction to me "pick out your birthday yarn". I fell in love with the rib and cabled wrist mitts in IK Spring 2006 and two skeins of Filatura Di Crosa 's Cambridge in Purple (like I would pick a different color??).

Then on to SU to pick up Graham for lunch. We of course went to Zao's for birthday lunch.

The actual agenda item that brought us to Seattle for the weekend was Bike Expo 2006. We spent about 3.5 hours there and somehow totally forgot to go to Weaving Works on our way out! We then checked in to our latest favorite hotel. It's the Silver Cloud Broadway. They gave us a room overlooking the Seattle U campus. We lazed around for a couple of hours. Watched the end of the Gonzaga basketball game - GO ZAGS. By about 7 we were finally hungry enough for the all important birthday dinner. We decided on Ohana's. I don't know how we did it, but we found a parking space 1/4 block from the restaurant on a Saturday night in the Belltown district. Back at the hotel room, I gave Graham his Big Mexiko socks. A perfect fit. We watched the Olympics for a few more hours, Dave started a scarf and I finally finished Berry Patch sock #2. On the way home today I cast on for a pair of biking socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home