Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Cat fights and hair pulling

I sure hope Mike Rowe and Keifer Sutherland have the stamina required.... Looks like they are the busiest of the TVBFs so far. So lots of cat fights and hair pulling will be going on in TVBF world.

Sometime Sunday I started the toddler socks in varigated pink and by the time I got past the heel turn and gusset I decided they were stupid looking. Could just be that I just really hate pink. I'm thinking of frogging back out to the ribbed cuff and turning them into mittens. You know the ol' "Mittens are just socks with a thumb". The hat pattern calls for bulky so I'll probably carry the neon pink Cascade 220 leftovers I have with the varigated pink. I might just start the hat tonight and worry about the mittens later. Or not at all...

I tried to swear off swaps lately but I just had to join Scout and Bev's Knit Mitts Kit Swap. So here are my KMKS questionaire answers:
  • What are your favorite colors? Jewel tones or colors from natural dyes
  • Are you a new mitt knitter? No How long have you been knitting mittens? 40 years on and off
  • Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Depends on the project
  • What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? 100% wool
  • Where do you usually knit mittens? Anywhere but work
  • How do you usually carry/store small projects? Ziplock bag slipped into appropriate sized knitting tote
  • What are your favorite mitten patterns? Current fav is Super Mittens from Weekend Knitting
  • What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? What new techniques would you like to try? I'd like to try the Target Mittens from Interweave Knits Fall 2006 (I have the mag.)
  • What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? Addi Turbos or Inox
  • What are some of your favorite yarns? My handspun hand dyed. Your handspun hand dyed. Mountain Colors 4-8's, Koigu Kersti, Manos Del Uruguay, Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted
  • What yarn do you totally covet? For mittens? Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted in Lakeview, Tuscany, Safari
  • Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? No
  • Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Circs in Addi Turbo or Inox
  • If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? My handspun hand dyed. Your handspun hand dyed
  • Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I love licorice, Good and Plentys and Bit-O-Honey. Could care less about chocolate!
  • What’s your favorite animal? Meow
  • Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? Fingerless or standard. Not superwarm.
  • If you were a color what color would you be? Royal Purple
  • What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Mt Rainier
  • Do you have a wishlist? No
  • Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Guess not

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]YwtrDyKQvV[/url] , DcZRMGEpKYIXktcJ , http://pyfnknfrtw.com

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home