Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yes, No, Maybe

Yes Margaritas last night.No knitting got done. Just an ounce left to go.
The maybe? Well last night I got to see pictures of a collegue's 18 month old toddler. Her daughter was born in Tibet and she is soooooooooooooooo cute you wouldn't believe it! So to add to my what I want to knit list is this hat from Knitty.com (I've been waiting for an excuse to knit this in a kids size) and some toddler socks. Looking at a bunch of toddler sock patterns, I think I've come up with the generic recipe for worsted weight superwash socks for a 2 year old. Toddler Socks in Worsted Superwash.
#5 needles, 5 stiches/in
Cast on 28 (14 ea needle)
K2P2 for 8 rows (or continue all the way)
Pattern work for another 22 rows
Heel flap and turn heel
Knit approx 28 rows
Shape toe

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

you're probably better off that way. i've had some bad experiances mixing knitting with margharitas. lets just say we went from a funky-chunky pattern to very loose lace!

12:11 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Hey, Kat - any of my sock patterns work for a todder, too.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home