Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Your Father Is a Hamster and Your Mother Smells of Elderberries

Well of course I am talking about Mountain Colors Elderberry colorway. What did you think this blog was going to be about? I know I'd be disappointed too. What I am not disappointed in is the socks I am knitting. My favorite (for now) baby cable rib in Elderberry. I am actually at the heel turn, this picture was taken last week.And look what my SP8 Pal sent!! A box full of beautiful lace. That is her specialty. Her work is beyond exquisite. She also collects lace and loves searching antque shops for it.
This is the view from our son's 11th floor dorm room. I guess the view is worth $$$$ per quarter??? Actually it's cheaper than a payment on a loft in the same neighborhood I think. He gets a view of West Seattle, Elliott Bay, Smith Tower and the Olympic Range.**********************************************
Today's What I did while no one was home: I came home to the electricity being out for 6.5 hours and all the clocks blinking, the cable TV is out and all my cable provider can tell me is there is an outage. They obviously have Einstein working there to figure that one out. So what did I do while no one is home? I am sitting on the newly mown grass in the backyard to publish this via wifi. The grass is finally green so I am taking advantage of it before the sun goes down and the little bugs come out!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the views of Seattle. I miss that. (I was up on the top of Queen Ann, 5th Ave North.) And all that gorgeous knitting. That lace? She gave you lace??? That's so pretty I couldn't have given it away, not even to my mom. Lucky you!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love the baby cables in the elderberry - really striking! And your pal sent you an amazing scarf - lucky you!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home