Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sorry Stephanie

No we didn't go back for Bumbershoot day 3 just to see the Yarn Harlot. I had clothes shopping to do. Needed a new business suit. And shoes. Nixed the shoes idea when the ones I wanted/fit in were close to $200 (I'd failed to notice that when I said "and oh I'll try these too".) So I'll dig into my closet and find my black Josef Siebels, I know they are in there somewhere.

Anyway Bumbershoot. Too many changes. It was only 3 days long this year. Plus it was one of those years when their target audience was the under 20 crowd. Here, I took a picture at the Kanye West concert. We were the only people there over the age of 19 I think. My husband insists we go listen to the Mainstage concerts no matter how crappy or out of our listening genre the music is. My earplugs weren't pluggie enough for hip hop. No apologies here. That is not music. Period. There was a lot of knitting going on at Bumbershoot. I got Mom's entire 2nd Glitten done on Saturday. Finished in time for both her birthday (for once) and I could have even entered it as Glittens 2 for Bitchin' Mittens if I had had access to a computer on Saturday. Hopefully this picture makes more sence than my Glittens 1 photo. See fngerless gloves, that's all they are. Yarn is my handspun Oregon Romney plyed with my handdyed and spun Corriedale.I found Graham's Rusted sock yarn for sock 2 on Saturday morning before we left. It was just laying there in the middle of the guest room floor. I think one of the cats was playing a joke on me. I'd searched everywhere but the middle of the floor. So...I cast on and have about 3.5 inches done on the 2x2 ribbing pattern. I'd like to get these done before we leave for Denver on Thursday so I don't have to carry a bunch of projects with me.

Bumbershoot featured knitting and fiber arts this year. Trees were knitted. Power tools were knitted. Deer were eviscerated and knitted. Hilltop had a vendor booth. Right after I took the Bosch tool picture I was busted by the gallery police for taking pics. It wasn't posted no pics so...




4 Comments:

Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all.......

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those glittens!

2:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

So you're an anarchist photographer now - go, you! :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I thought you were kidding about the power tools, etc. being knitted. I'm glad you took and posted pictures. I'm impressed, but as my knitting time is limited I'll stick to socks, sweaters and more traditional knitting for now. But someday maybe I'll knit a computer or car. Kanye who? I'm old. I make my girls listen to 1980's and 1970's music. They will need therapy someday.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home