Sunday, September 24, 2006

Oh yah, I started a new assignment at work

And it takes up a lot of my blogging time that the other assignment left me. This new assignment is funded for 75% of my time and I have peeled off all but 25% of the old one. New one is really cool but a lot of work when compared with the other one. I am now the Non-proliferation Graduate Program Marketing and Recruiting Coordinator at the lab. For once when I was passing around my resume looking for something more entertaining to do and more in line with previous work, someone actually read past my name and phone number on my resume!!!

So I'll be doing a bit of traveling this fall. University of Pittsburg the first week in October, maybe Villanova. Then later in the month possibly some of the UC campuses like Berkeley plus others I can't think of tonight. One of my first job tasks is to reschedule my existing recruiters when possible to more effeciently use my budget. By this season next year I will be plugged into more of the actual recruiting trips.

The good news out of all of this is that I will have tons of knitting time!! So what are some good knitting spots near U of Pittsburg?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Congrats on the new job! Traveling around will give you lots of opportunity to find new yarn stores!

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new assignment! (And I know what you mean about being so busy that you can't blog!) It sounds like an exciting opportunity, and you can get out in the world, too.

3:30 AM  
Blogger KarenS said...

Sounds like you'll be busy in the coming months. Have fun and enjoy the extra knitting time, too :)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hey if you go to UC Davis...let me know as that is real close to me! :o) I could take you to all the hot yarn spots! LOL

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home