Monday, June 26, 2006

WOWZERS

First I need to thank my FANTASTIC SP8 pal "Wonder Who". When I got home on Saturday there was a box waiting for me with pressies in it. WOW WOW WOW. My SP8 pal sent me the coolest. Pictures to follow maybe later today. First were 4 balls of Breeze in purple and in white. Heirloom Breeze is 69% cotton, 30% wool, 1% lycra. It has a fantastic hand to it, so summery. What to do what to do? One of those yarns I had seen at the yarn stores and said to myself that I needed to try it one of these days and now I can.

Then WOW WOW WOW, a ball of handspun. Not just any purple/mauve/white handspun, but one in soy and wool. And the most amazing is that it is 6 ply and still so delicate and feels so yummy. How does my SP8 pal do it? She was so nice and made her usual 3 ply into 6 ply for me knowing that I don't do lace. (or at least haven't tried it much)

Then WOWZERS again. I didn't know what fillet crochet was but I do now! It is the traditional fiber craft of Greece. My SP8 pal did me a very delicate fillet of a dragon (I think it's a dragon isn't it?) We have antique cherry end tables and the fillet looks amazing agains the dark red wood end table that I knit next to.

The most amazing thing was that my SP8 pal confessed to the fact she was about to hatch her little one when she was putting together my SP8 package! Here is a photo of her most cutest. Wonder Who, you are amazing. OK, now I am waiting on two packages to be delivered to my door any day now. The spindle I mentioned below should maybe arrive today. And I treated myself to a new to me toy, an iBook. last generation but I didn't care. It maybe arrives tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy you like it so much. Isn't it amazing what you can do with just a drop spindle?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, what a cute baby!! And you must share pictures of the fabulousness your SP sent - I am mightily curious about the dragon!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home