Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Stash by Volume

I couldn't stand the fiber corner (piles of yarn and roving, my floor loom and my warping board) in the guest bedroom another minute. (not to be mistaken for the closet corner, the guest bed corner or the shoes on the floor corner that I can't stand) I had the Geebs pick me up one of those metal grid storage units. Each unit is 14"x14"x14" and there are 6 stacked in 2 columns of 3 ea. I emptied all my knitting project bags except one, bagged what wasn't and started packing the unit.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 3 of the cubes are all roving. Mostly purple or natural. 1 of the cubes is rolled up now empty project bags. 1 unit is leftover yarns from projects. Add it all together and it left me 1 cube for my unknitted stash. The top of the unit has my project notebooks stacked on one side and an African basket with cards and other spinning do-dads in it. What's not in the unit, as if I have any room left, is another lb of the African Violet Romney Mohair blend, some real recently acquired yarns including my Dye-O-Rama that was gifted to me and my current projects, both knitting and spinning.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can identify eerily well. Last night, I bagged up most of my yarn. It was a bit painful to realize that my stash really has grown in thepast year! And to remember all the stuff I haven't knit! Good luck...

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the dye-o-rama yarn!! It's s-l-o-w-l-y becoming socks! I'm knitting 2 at once, and I'll probably post pics on my blog this weekend. :)

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd think I'd know my own blog addy by now...

5:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on organizing it! I need to reorganize...

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you seem to be a sewing expert I was wondering if you could tell me where you could get Neon green polar fleece online?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home