Monday, June 19, 2006

Mechanical Problem

Well, Hubby Dave's 6:30 am flight still hasn't taken off from PSC to SLC and it's 10:30. Mechanical problem, plane would just never get up to take off speed when rolling, twice. Makes me want to take a handful of anti-anxiety drugs just thinking about it. I was on a flight like that years ago from DEN to SLC and when we did finally take off we just skimmed the trees at the end of the runway, then for miles you could almost read the license plate numbers on the cars below. We flew to SLC just skimming the treetops - I swear!!! I was sitting right next to Scott Hamilton, the skater and I kept thinking that that was going to be my claim to fame - dying next to a famous Olympian. When we got to SLC they said oops, this flight won't go on because of a mechanical problem. Well duh...

So anyway, he's been checking in every 30 minutes and realized by 7 am this morning that all of his knitting was packed in his check through luggage. He's trying to keep himself entertained...

I spun enough Romney last night to cover the bobbin core. Which means not a whole heck of a lot. I was in charge of the Father's Day BBQ for the whole 3 of us. Whoopie!! But it did take time to pull it all together. Last night I cast on for sock 2 of Cabin Cove Baby Cable Rib socks. Did 4-5 rows. The only thing that really gets me through sock two is looking at the yummy yarn I have planned to knit my next pair. It will either be the Artyarn or the SweetGeorgia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hopefully he's home by now??

8:12 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I call it the everlasting sock number 2 syndrome. Thats why I'm working on sock one of 3 sock number 2's.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home