Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I am in Dye-O Heaven

Yesterday I wandered into a website after reading Kathy's comment about and was hoping/praying to the Dye-O gods/Mommas that the Frankenstein mix Dye-O-Rama sock yarn was mine!! I couldn't believe it when I opened my mail just now and there it was and it was so perfect, and then opened Kathy's website and it was like deja vu all over again. WOWOWOWOWOW I love it! Close up the yarn is a beautiful mix of purples , violets , lavendar, olive, brown and blue. (have I missed a color Kathy??) My photo doesn't do it justice. She also sent me sheepie earrings that I can't wait to show off. And a box of my second most favorite food in the whole world behind raspberrys. Can you tell I am excited??? And I haven't even opened the box of G&P's yet!!!!

Kathy lives about 4.5 hours from me in the Portland OR area and just moved into a new house. Congratulations!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Yay! Glad they got there quickly and even more glad that you liked the yarn and the colorway. I had a wonderful time making it up for you :-)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

That has got to be one of the most beautiful dye jobs I've seen come out of the Dye-O-Rama! I emailed Kathy to get the lowdown on how she achieved it. And like many artsy type people she just experimented and threw different dyes together. In other words, it's something that would be hard to duplicate! Happy knitting.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's stunning!! Those are really cool earrings, too.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm your Knit Sock Kit swap partner! Just letting you know I got your info and I can't wait to get started!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home