Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rainy Days and Sundays (or Tuesdays)

Since I have to work for a living (you know born beautiful instead of rich darn it all), I can't enjoy rainy days like I should. Yes, it is raining again. I love the rain. I make sure I don't pack a rain coat and park far away so I can walk in it. I am not being sarcastic, I do love it. It's one of the things that bothers me here in the desert of Eastern WA state. That and anytime the temps go over 59 degrees.

My favorite knitting scenario is a rainy day like today, sitting on the couch with my fake OTT lite shining on my knitting or my Lendrum. Ruby the cat asleep on my lap, Rufus her Daddy laying behind my neck on the back of the couch, Rosemary watching from the cat tree, a bottomless cup of Earl Grey served with some rhubarb quick bread on the side and XM radio softly playing or an old Cary Grant movie on the TV. Or I'd also be happy if the location was on the Oregon Coast somewhere, or a cabin in the Cascades with a view of Mt Rainier. Or if the rain was snow instead. OK, or anywhere in Paris and change the tea to champagne.....

CONTEST ALERT!!!
So how about you? What's your favorite knitting scenario? All those that post between now and Friday 6/16 at 10pm PDT will go into a drawing for a knitting related something!! Entries will be chosen at random by Rosemary (cause she is the smart one).

8 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

The best knitting location is the middle of the afternoon on my couch with a cup of British Blend at hand and the Neatnik napping.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Oh, I love my after midnight knitting as equally as I love my Saturday morning knitting. Mainly because all the critters are sleepy or sleeping and hubby is sitting on the couch next to me. Plus I've got my PJ's on. Can't beat that. The coffee doesn't hurt either.

The main thing is that I know I can knit until my hands hurt because I don't have to be anywhere at a certain time.

12:07 PM  
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

My favorite knitting is either solo at a cafe with my laptop and a steamy mug of hot chocolate or, on my weekend nights, in the corner of my couch watching trashy TV while kids are in bed sound asleep.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

My favorite knitting is pretty similar. Chilly, drizzly day, in my glider rocker, with a cup of sweet, milky tea at my side and a warm cat curled up in my lap.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Although I knit everywhere (including when I get stuck in a drive thru) My best knitting location is at our family cabin in Montana. I can sit on the porch swing with coffee near watching the sunrise, hearing the birds chirp, and the silence of everyone else sleeping. My father(who is deceased) built the cabin and my mother taught me to knit. Knitting there is relaxing and also brings me closer to my family as I remember all the times we spent there together.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey KitKatGirl, love the Cabin Cove raspberry socks!
My favorite spot is on the Columbia River on the Hanford Reach Monument by Vernita...out in the sagebrush steppe. I bring everything, tea, coffee, cookies, scones, cola, and the dogs. Bet the little wild critters love when we leave and they can check for crumbs. I last longer than the dogs do, it would be nice to be there now. I have some funny photos at Maggie Bean's website when the dogs are all hot and ready for home!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

My favorite knitting scenerio: My DH has the girls out for a day. It's cold or drizzly outside so I don't feel guilty for neglecting yard work. I have a cup of tea, music on, a cat by my side and knitting progress is obvious. My knitting reality: I'm in my minivan waiting for my girls to get out of school. It's hot, crowded behind the steering wheel and I can't see my pattern book. Or else I've locked myself in the bathroom (our only room with a lock) and am pretending to use the potty just so I can be alone. Not a pretty image, but there it is.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I'm a bit late for the contest but I do have a favorite knitting spot. I love to sit in my bed without the kids watching sex and the city eating chocolate chip ice cream with jimmies on top.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home