Sunday, June 25, 2006

But it's a Dry Heat

This is for Cabin Cove Dave, but everyone else can chime in and brag or complain. I will gladly take all the rain, cold and floods of Boston. Flannel sheets? Bring em on. I will trade the 103 we had today and the 107 we are supposed to get between now and Tuesday evening. Even with the air conditioner going I just can't think about knitting wool. Got out my sewing machine to sew a Bee Bucket Bag for my best friend Betsy who is the bee keeper and I just couldn't think about that either.

I have Saturday plans that I am excited about!! My brother and sister in-law will be in Seattle later this week for their annual SABR convention. They aren't going to any of the Saturday activities until the Mariners Rockies game that evening. So Graham and I are driving up to visit them all day. I am excited!!! They live in Denver and I don't get to see them very often. When ever Steve is in Seattle though with his consulting job he visits with Graham and takes him out to dinner. So Graham see's my brother more often than I do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Hope the game was fun. Did the M's win? I haven't had my tv on today. It wasn't as hot in the Tacoma area, but the humidity is higher. All in all, I don't know how you folks over there can handle that heat. I LOVE the basket shown in your stash picture below.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's that hot in Seattle??! What the... I thought Seattle had this lovely maritime climate? Criminy, it's way, way warmer there than in Minneapolis (where it would NOT e a dry heat).

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pouring in New England (flooding, actually), but there's a reason to put up with the unpredictable (and cold and dreary and snowy) weather: It feels so good when it stops.

Seriously. I have some friends who just moved here from L.A. On our first beautiful, sunny, crisp, fragrant warm spring day this year, I was telling them what a wonderful sensation such annual first gorgeous days are and whether people in California feel this way every day. According to them, people NEVER feel this way because the weather is pretty much the same all the time.

I comfort myself with this when I step out of my car and into a 4" puddle.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home