Monday, December 04, 2006

TLTLTU

Yup, too lazy to learn toe up. There has got to be a better way. Only because I can knit my regular socks without a pattern. So has anyone tried this? (anyone that is as lazy as I am?) I mean why mess with a good thing you know. Probably will only work with socks where the design work ends at the start of the heel flap. I think I'll be trying this with Sea Turtle.
  1. Split your yarn into 2 even balls (I do this by weight, others do it by yardage)
  2. Provisional cast on the number of stitches needed for gauge and knit 2 rows of stockinette
  3. Knit your sock down from heel flap start to the toe, and graft
  4. Pick up provisional cast on and knit remainder of ball in pattern design, ribbing or stockinette for cuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Um, that seems like WAY more work than learning toe up...

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should hook up with Jessica from FNKN. She can show you toe up in toe seconds!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home