Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday Sky for November 11. And an unblocked FO

Here is a view of today's Saturday Sky. In the background is Rattlesnake Mountain. It rises up off the ancient riverbeds and is 3524 ft tall. Rattlesnake has the dubious distinction of being the tallest treeless mountain in the western hemisphere. (some sources say northern hemisphere, some say the lower 48 states). My office is about a 1.5 miles NE of this view, a block from the Columbia River. Here is another view, showing the farther SE ridge.Below is the neck gaiter I made for Dad for his birthday. (Dec 7). One more holiday project done! Unblocked view. 5 extra points for telling me whose blog is in the background.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful neck garter. Is there a set pattern for that somewhere? I'd like one (for me!).

No idea whose blog.

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. What a view. And you're NEAR that and the Columbia River? Amazing.

3:57 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wonderful pressie for your dad. I love the little red toadstools too, we get some in pine forests in Australia, which I have only seen once a few years ago now. I have entered you in the contest too, good luck.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home