Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Fetching Effort

I was ready to jump on the Fetching band wagon big time after Blogless Kim came to Friday Night Knit Night with 1.65 pairs of Fetching. Last night I took my unfinished rib and cable mitts out of their bag for their monthly airing, put them on, put them back in the bag and sat in front of my yarn stash. Pulled out everything that was somewhat in the weight range of Cashmerino Aran (50 gms/98 yds), tossed back anything that was too fuzzy, too verigated, too many oz (not wanting to break up a large stash that could be used for something important), too etc. Grabbed 65 gms of grey Cascade and did about a 2 inch swatch. Decided the grey was too boring to go on. Made a cat toy out of the progress and decided...

I love Knucks so ever much more!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Fetching isn't/aren't basic enough for my simple tastes. :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

One skien of silky tweed doubled works great!! The cables come out pretty good with it also.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I made the Fetching for a Christmas gift, but I like the ones I made from the pattern you sent me better. I am going to try the Knucks too just because it looks like fun to knit the little finger tubes first. I think having the finger parts will make them actually more functional at keeping one warm as well. I want a pair to wear when I am out photographing in the cold.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home