Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day to you all!!

I think this picure was taken around Easter of 1959 or '60. Dad on your left is the tall one, brother Steve the short one. I am the little girl with the scratchy crinolin slip on under the dress and black patent leather shoes and I am sure, underwear with lace around the leg openings. To this day I cannot stand to wear lace not to mention other lady like finery... But I degress. Mom is the your beauty on your right and in the center is her Mom. My Mom at the time was about 5' tall, plus some late '50's heels on, she's down to 4'11" or smaller now. Grandma was 4'8" in stacked heels on a good day... Grandma spoke only Italian so I am sure by this age I knew all the bad words since my older cousins (male) used them freely!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great family photo. We may be related. My family are all very tiny, too. I am the giant, standing a towering 5'7" tall. My mom and yours are the same height. I always tease my mom that she escaped from the Italian circus. (In all my family photos, I am in the back and crouching so my head wouldn't get cut off!)

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home