Monday, May 08, 2006

More weekend highlights

Or what I really enjoyed about the weekend.

It had been many many years since I had been on a fiber retreat/girls weekend out. I'm not even going to do the math. What I really enjoyed was the company of women. All so nice. If you didn't watch out someone would refill your coffee cup, or push the baked goods closer to you for your inspection. Or come around the table and give the sock you were knitting a squeeze to see how soft it was coming out.

I guess I'd traveled too much the past dozen years with boy scouts as a leader, and as a chaperone with my son's music programs when he was in school. Had to prod those kids to get anything done most of the time and then it wasn't at the quality level that they were capable of. I've been in cabins and campsites with boy scouts, lodges with musicians and when it was time to leave got nothing but arguements about cleaning up and leaving the place in better shape than when we got there. It was so refreshing yesterday when we decided it was "check out time" at the cabin and everything just got done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home