Thursday, April 20, 2006

Me's thinkin'

Baby Cable Rib socks for the yarn from Cabin Cove!!! Pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks. I saw it knitted up on Carole's StrangeLittleMoma. And then since imitation is the best form of flattery, I am going to borrow the colors she used for her Baby Cable Ribs the next time I dye sock yarn.

Early afternoon I cast on for my Rib and Cable Mitts in Cambridge. Got about 1.5 inches into them and realized that the 25% mohair completely hid the Ribs and Cable. Tore it all out. Figured I had something in my stash for version 2.

Later we finished dinner just in time to leave for Friday Night Knit Night. Somehow no matter how early we leave the house, we get there later than any one else. At 5:50 I realized I had no project to work on! Well I could have brought the My Town Bag but no. And I somehow forgot that I needed to finish sock 2 of my green biking socks. And I wanted to be able to concentrate more at the cast on for my Branching Out Scarf. By 5:55 I was panicing. Hubby said that was OK he'd just nap till I came up with something.

So I dug through all my sock yarn (only 5 yarns) with 6 different patterns in hand, carried them all out to the ball winder and couldn't make up my mind. Carried them back to the yarn room. Tried to find a substitute yarn for Rib and Cable mitts. No. Meanwhile I was also looking for my little piece of paper with my favorite catnip mouse pattern that I should have memorized but don't. Couldn't find it. By 6:10 I gave up and went to FNKN empty handed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, sounds delicious! I'm thinking of a hat in the yarn you sent me. It's nice and thick, and I can get away wearing a hat in that color. (It will go with the Manos scarf I made last fall.) It's fun to think of the possibilities, huh?
Oh, Lulu has the mouse you sent her in her secret hiding place on the window sill behind the bookcase. I may have to smeak it away from her and clean it up and keep it for my own. It's too cute for a kitty toy!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I've used the baby cable pattern on a two pairs of socks and they both turned out well. Looking forward to seeing how yours turn out in that yummy yarn!

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor LuLu might lose her mouse? Maybe you should make Dave one of his own. Hope I'm doing this commenting thing right.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home